We have completed our 7th year of homeschooling. Feels like forever AND also like we just started. How does that happen?
When I was preparing to take the plunge, several experienced and wise women recommended Sonlight curriculum. Once you’ve decided you will homeschool, the next hardest decision to make is what curriculum you will use.
These experienced moms help me decide on Sonlight Curriculum and I don’t regret that decision for an instant. We have loved the literature based curriculum. It has a strong Biblical worldview. One of my favorite things about being a military brat is the strong sense of belonging to the world and I wanted my children to have that same feeling. My favorite year of study so far has been the study of the Eastern Hemisphere. Maybe because I lived in Hawaii and Japan growing up?? We love learning about other cultures. We’ve read so many good books. I have loved being a part of their schooling.
Sonlight is a COMPLETE curriculum. It offers literature, science, math, history, geography. I place my order in the summer and it is ready to open and go in the fall. No running to the library to get the next book. And where I live, I don’t just run to town for every little thing!
I am 100% hand down a Sonlight curriculum fan! We have used it for the majority of our homeschool journey. I admit that I strayed a couple of months during various years but always returned
Why I love Sonlight? In no order of importance!
- The amazing parent guide. It is all in one big blue binder. It is divided by weeks so all I have do is flip to what week we are on. It tells me the even questions to ask my children with acceptable answers.
- One stop homeschool shopping – Bible, history, literature, science, reading and math.
- Their advisors are wonderful! They are like your best friend who will help you decide what is best for your family.
- We read so many amazing books that I have never heard of before opening the box of curriculum. My children are enriched for reading such good works of literature.
- They have an amazing frequent buyer discount plan.
- I love the time that I have to learn alongside my children. I am learning as much as them and it is sticking in my brain. I feel too much of my schooling was “for the test” and not actually learning.
- It started my family’s tradition of morning basket time. We read from the Bible, literature and history before we break off into individual learning through math and other leveled classes.
- Sunlight offers curriculum from preschool to high school graduation.
- Enriched relationships with my children. We are creating memories that will last forever.
- We can choose to follow the 5 day a week plan OR the four day a week plan.